October 1, 2016 at 10:30 am
Parkview Field in Downtown Fort Wayne
The 4 Mile Run/Walk is our classic race to help promote people taking their first steps toward a healthier lifestyle. 4 miles is a perfect distance for those just starting out or trying to get back into shape, long enough to be challenging but short enough to be done with moderate training. This race also shares the same start, exciting stadium finish, and portions of the scenic Half Marathon course.
- Race will start at 10:30am on Saturday, October 1, 2016.
- See PDF map here or online version.
- The start line is on Harrison Street just north of the Harrison Baker Street intersection (1 block southeast of Parkview Field) in downtown Fort Wayne, and concluded with an exciting finish at Parkview Field. The course takes racers through historic Fort Wayne neighborhoods and past landmark churches.
- All participants who complete the course receive a finisher's medal.
- Strollers are allowed in the 4 mile. Participants pushing strollers must complete the stroller information during the registration process.
- Awards are given to the top three male and female finishers in the following categories/ age groups: Overall Wheelchair, Overall Open; Overall Masters (40+); 9 and Under; 10-11; 12-14; 15-19; 20 to 24; 25 to 29; 30 to 34; 35 to 39; 40 to 44; 45 to 49; 50 to 54; 55 to 59; 60 to 64; 65 to 69; 70 to 74; 75 to 79; 80 and Over.
- Overall awards are based on gun time, age group awards are based on chip time.
- Race numbers (bibs) are required to participate.
- 4 Mile participants must finish in 1 hour and 20 minutes or less (20 minute per mile pace)
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenges of the 4 Mile Run/Walk
- Wheeled and/or motorized devices (in-line/roller skates, bikes, skateboards, Heelys, wagons, etc.) and animals (except guide dogs) will not be allowed on the course.
- The use of electronic devices is strongly discouraged.
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and CANNOT be applied to future years. NO EXCEPTIONS.