Charity Partner Program Summary
Fort4Fitness offers a unique fundraising platform for non-profit organizations to connect with philanthropic runners, walkers and cyclists. The Fort4Fitness Fall Festival and Spring Cycle provide charitable organizations the opportunity to attract runners, walkers, and cyclists who can raise money for their cause, while also gaining exposure for their causes during the Fort4Fitness Fall Festival or Spring Cycle.
Selected charity partners can create charity teams by recruiting runners, walkers, or cyclists through their network of supporters. Each charity partner will be listed on the Fort4Fitness website in an effort to encourage participants to join a charity team and be part of the community of giving that Fort4Fitness so proudly supports.
Fort4Fitness Charity Partner applications are no longer being accepted for 2016, as the program has reached capacity for this year. Please check back in early 2017 for a chance to apply to be a 2017 Fort4Fitness Charity Partner.
Charities must apply to become an official charity in the Fort4Fitness Fall Festival or Spring Cycle.
It is in the sole discretion of the Fort4Fitness committee to determine the selection criteria and the number of charities chosen for the Fort4Fitness Charity Partnership Program. The charity is responsible for overseeing its own charity campaign, and the total amount of money raised relates directly to the efforts of charity.
Fort4Fitness requires the following in order for charities to be accepted into the Fort4Fitness Charity Partnership Program.
- Provide proof of 501(c)3 tax exempt status
- Submit charity mission statement
- Submit application with explanation on how the charity promotes healthier living through their organization
- Agree to provide charity logos to Fort4Fitness for inclusion on website
- Agree to promote the Fort4Fitness Fall Festival or Spring Cycle and our mission – use of Fort4Fitness Charity Partner logo is permitted for approved charity partner organizations and will be provided after a charity is accepted into the program
- Agree to follow all Rules and Regulations of the Fort4Fitness Fall Festival or Spring Cycle
- Sign the commitment statement
Application: Charity must submit an official application to include any required documents noted in the application.
501(c)3 Status: Charity must provide proof of its 501(c)3 status. Please upload or email a copy of this information along with the completed application.
Charity Mission Statement Submission: Charity must submit a statement detailing the mission statement emphasizing their commitment to health and wellness.
Charity Promotion: Charity is responsible for the necessary time and resources to raise funds for their organization. Fort4Fitness will promote the Fort4Fitness Charity Partnership Program but not engage in supporting/endorsing any single organization. As an incentive for Fort4Fitness charity partners, Fort4Fitness will provide the following to organizations:
- A promotion code identifying the charity partner will be provided to select charity partners. This code can be provided to registrants wanting to be part of a specific charity partner team. The registrant may enter this code and thereby identify him/herself as a member of a specific charity partner team. If an approved charity partner develops a specific page on their organization's website relating to their Fort4Fitness charity partner efforts, the charity partner may submit a link to that web page to Fort4Fitness.
- For organizations registering fifty (50) or more individuals into 2016 Fort4Fitness events, a designated reunion area will be provided to that organization at One Summit Square where the F4F Spring Cycle finishes; or at Parkview Field where the finish of the Fort4Fitness Fall Festival runs take place. The charity partner may post signage at the reunion area.
- For organizations registering one hundred (100) or more, Fort4Fitness will make a donation to the charity. This amount will be ten (10) percent of the registration fees collected by Fort4Fitness that are identified as members of that charity partner. This number will be determined using the promotion code entries that registrants indicate with their entry. Recruiting runners to fundraise for charity is primarily the responsibility of charity and charity should create a marketing plan for engaging their network of supporters and reaching out to the community.
- For charity partners willing to provide "on course" entertainment for the Spring Cycle and/or Fall Festival Saturday events, F4F will provide a vendor booth at the F4F Expo to allow the charity partner the opportunity to promote their respective organization.
Logo Usage & Event Promotion: Charity must supply their logo to Fort4Fitness: Digital file (EPS vector file) or high resolution (JPEG file) (Logo pulled from website is not acceptable). Please provide both color and black & white logos. Charity must agree to promote Fort4Fitness using the full name and official Fort4Fitness Charity Partner logo that is provided to each approved Charity Partner. Charity must cease using the event logo(s), event name, and official charity designation two weeks after the event. Charities wishing to use Fort4Fitness logo or event name for any use other than those listed herein must submit any item containing the logo/name to the Fort4Fitness committee for written approval prior to use.
Race Entry Purchasing: Charity is encouraged to have their participants register as early as possible. When the capacity of the event is reached, there will be no special exceptions for additional registrations.
Rules and Regulations: All charities and charity runners/walkers/cyclists must follow the event rules & guidelines. Registrants are required to accept all entry waiver rules that are posted on the Fort4Fitness website and must provide appropriate liability waiver signature (electronic when registering online). Charity must ensure that its members are aware of all rules and regulations at the point of registration and prior to their race day participation. Entries are non-refundable, non-transferable and may not be deferred or donated. Bib Numbers and timing chips MUST be worn only by the runner to whom they were assigned.
Fort4Fitness Charity Partner applications are no longer being accepted for 2016. Please check back in early 2017 for a chance to apply to be a 2017 Fort4Fitness Charity Partner.