Final Mile - Friday, September 25, 2020 at Parkview Field in Downtown Fort Wayne
The Fort4Fitness Kids Marathon, sponsored by Lutheran Children's Hospital, is easy to do and fun for all!
The Kids Marathon is designed for kids ages 4-14 and has been created to promote exercise, wellness, and healthy lifestyles for kids and their families through a variety of unique training programs and events. Fort4Fitness operates under a simple premise: the sooner we can instill healthy lifestyles in our kids, the better health they will have later in life. A major contributor to a healthy lifestyle is getting regular exercise.
The goal of Kids Marathon is for each registered child to complete a marathon throughout the summer by logging miles through walking, running, biking, swimming, playing baseball, and more. They rack up 25 miles or more during the summer and then complete their final 1.2 miles at the Fall Festival on Friday night. Throughout the summer, the Kickoff and Family Fun & Fitness events are held as a way to provide an opportunity to log miles and take part in fun activities centered around health and fitness. The activities are organized by Lutheran Health Network, listed below.
In 2019, 1,100 area kids took strides towards a more fit lifestyle while participating in the Fort4Fitness Kids Marathon. 2020 promises to be the biggest and best year yet. Don't miss it!
KIDS MARATHON SUMMER-LONG PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Kids Marathon T-shirt
- Kids Marathon Goody Bag & Mileage Logbook
- Family Fun & Fitness Events
- Finishers at the Final Mile receive a race medal!
FAMILY FUN & FITNESS EVENTS
In light of the COVID-19 news, there have been changes made to the Family Fun & Fitness schedule. This is the most up-to-date schedule.
Tuesday, June 16, 2020: Kick-Off at Turnstone Center
3:30 PM - 7 PM | 3320 N. Clinton St. - Ft. Wayne
Monday, June 29, 2020: Kids Run at Erin's House for Grieving Children
3:30 PM - 6 PM | 5670 YMCA Park Dr. West - Ft. Wayne
Monday, July 20, 2020: Roller Dome North
3:30 PM - 6 PM | 444 W Coliseum Blvd. - Ft. Wayne
Thursday, August 27, 2020: Kids Run/Bike Your Miles at Shoaff Park
3:30 PM - 6 PM | 6401 St. Joe Rd. - Ft. Wayne
Pre-register online or sign up on-site. Shirts and goody bags may be picked up at these events.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 25, 2020
>start TIME: 6:30 PM
Fort4Fitness Fall Festival
1301 Ewing St.
Fort Wayne, IN
Home of the Fort Wayne TinCaps
This 1.2 mile course finishes by home plate of the TinCaps and all finishers receive a finisher medal! Parents are welcome to run or walk with their children at the Final Mile. If you have not yet picked up your shirt and goody bag, you may do so at Kids Check-in between 12 PM - 6 PM.
2020 FINAL MILE: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
12:00 PM - 6:00 PM Check-In (pick up runner bib number; may also pick up shirt & goody bag if you have not already)
4:00 PM - 6:30 PM Start Line Entertainment
6:20 PM Welcome and recognition of Kids Marathon sponsor, Lutheran Children’s Hospital
6:25 PM Warm-up and stretching
6:30 PM The Final Mile begins!
Things to Know
- Wear your Fort4Fitness Kids Marathon shirt! (If you haven’t picked up your shirt and goody bag yet, you will receive it at check-in.)
- Wear your running shoes
- Wear the race bib you will be given at check-in (affix with the provided pins)
- Be ready to go at the Start Line by 6:15 PM!
- The course is 1.2 miles in length around the stadium with the finish at home plate
- Each participant will receive a medal at the Finish Line
- Map Route
- Kids must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and cannot be dropped off at the event.
- Parents are encouraged to run with the kids, so they can share in their experience!
- If you are not running with your child, sections 113 and 114 will be reserved for parents to cheer from.
- Every Kids Marathon bib has a parent-child claim tag. Please remove this from the bib before they run. This is how you can reunite with your child after the race.
- Parents will be allowed onto the field after the Kids Start, so you can reunite with your child quickly and safely.
Other Friday Night Activities
- Arrive early and enjoy the Fort4Fitness Fall Festival Expo, food, and entertainment! The Expo is 12 - 8 PM and is open to the public free of charge.
- Fort4Fitness Merchandise will be for sale in the Expo.
- The Fort Wayne TinCaps will have concession stands open and food available for purchase.
The Kids Marathon training programs are designed to make exercise fun and achievable for kids. The program allows your child to set a goal, have the reward of achieving that goal, and then join the fun at the Final Mile to celebrate and recognize their success. The goal of Kids Marathon is to help children in our community develop a foundation for healthy habits and fitness that last a lifetime!
*Kids must be registered to participate in the Family Fun & Fitness Events and the Final Mile.