The Fort4Fitness Charity Partner Program offers a unique fundraising platform for non-profit organizations to connect with philanthropic runners, walkers and cyclists and spread the word about their cause. The Fort4Fitness Fall Festival, Spring Cycle and Fantasy of Lights 5K, provide charitable organizations the opportunity to attract event participants who can raise money for their charity, while also gaining exposure for their causes during the Fort4Fitness events.
Selected charity partners can create charity teams by recruiting runners, walkers, or cyclists through their network of supporters. Each charity partner will be listed on the Fort4Fitness website and be listed as a charity option on the registration site in an effort to encourage participants to join a charity team and be part of the community of giving that Fort4Fitness so proudly supports.
select event at the bottom to view our charity partners
FORT4FITNESS REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING IN ORDER FOR AN ORGANIZATION TO BE ACCEPTED INTO THE FORT4FITNESS CHARITY PARTNER PROGRAM
Charities must apply to become an official Charity Partner in the Fall Festival. They may also choose to participate in the Spring Cycle and/or Fantasy of Lights 5K event(s). In order to be considered, Charity must submit a signed and completed Charity Partner application no later than May 1, 2017.
- Charity must provide proof of 501(c)3 status
- Charity must submit their mission statement, as well as a statement explaining how the charity promotes healthy living and wellness.
- Each Charity is responsible for the necessary time and resources to raise funds for their organization. Charity Partners are responsible for creating a marketing plan for engaging their network of supporters, reaching out to the community to promote their efforts and for recruiting runners/walkers. Fort4Fitness will promote the Fort4Fitness Charity Partner Program but not engage in supporting/endorsing any single organization.
- Each Charity will provide their logo to Fort4Fitness to be included on the Fort4Fitness website as an official Charity Partner. Digital file (EPS vector file) or high resolution (JPEG file). (Logo pulled from website is not acceptable.) Please provide both Color and Black & White Logos.
- If a Charity Partner develops a webpage on their organization’s website relating to their Fort4Fitness Charity Partner efforts, the Charity Partner may submit the link to that web page to Fort4Fitness as an additional way to promote their efforts.
- Charity must agree to promote Fort4Fitness using the full name and official Fort4Fitness Charity Partner logo that is provided to each approved Charity Partner.
- Charity must cease using the Event logo(s), Event name and official Charity designation two weeks after the Event. Charities wishing to use the Fort4Fitness logo or Event name for any use other than those listed herein must submit any item containing the logo/name to Fort4Fitness for written approval prior to use.
FORT4FITNESS WILL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING TO ORGANIZATIONS TO SUPPORT AND PROMOTE OFFICIAL CHARITY PARTNERS:
- All Charity Partner will participate in the Fall Festival. They may also choose to participate in one or both the Spring Cycle or the Fantasy of Lights 5K.
- For organizations registering fifty (50) or more individuals into the 2017 Fall Festival (and Spring Cycle if they choose both events), a designated reunion area will be offered to that organization at Parkview Field, host site of the F4F Fall Festival. F4F will combine the number of registrants for both the Spring Cycle (if selected) and the Fall Festival in determining if the organization meets the requirement of 50 total participants in order to qualify to receive a designated reunion area. Charity Partners may post signage and promote their organization at their reunion area.
- For organizations registering one hundred (100) or more, Fort4Fitness will make a donation in the amount of ten (10) percent of the registration fees collected by Fort4Fitness that are identified as members of that Charity Partner team. This number will be calculated using the Charity Partner promotion name/code that registrants indicate with their entry. Registrations from all 2017 events will be used in calculating this donation.
- In exchange for Charity Partners who agree to provide “on course” entertainment or a volunteer group for the Spring Cycle and/or Fall Festival, Fort4Fitness will provide a complimentary vendor booth at the respective event Expo (Spring Cycle – Saturday only/May 20, 2017, Fall Festival – Friday only/September 29, 2017). Entertainment and volunteer groups must be a minimum of 4-6 people to qualify. Any organization unable to provide a volunteer group, but who wishes to take part in the Expo, may purchase Expo space at the current year non-profit booth rate.
Race Entry Purchases: Charity is encouraged to have their participants register as early as possible. When the capacity of the event is reached, there will be no special exceptions for additional registrations.
Rules and Regulations: All Charities and Charity runners/walkers/cyclists must follow the event rules & guidelines. Registrants are required to accept all entry waiver rules that are posted on the Fort4Fitness website and must provide appropriate liability waiver signature (electronic when registering online). Charity must ensure that its members are aware of all rules and regulations at the point of registration and prior to their race day participation. Entries are non-refundable, non-transferable and may not be deferred or donated. Bib numbers and timing chips MUST be worn only by the runner to whom they were assigned.
Applications are now being accepted for 2017.