2017 5K All Race Results
2017 5K Award Winners - Overall and Age Group
2017 5K-2K Event Photos
EVENT LOCATION: FRANKE PARK, 3411 SHERMAN BLVD, FORT WAYNE
November 19: Fantasy of lights 5K and family 2k walk (1.2 miles)
5:00 pm 5K Wave (Saturday 6:30 wave reschedule)
6:30 pm Family 2K Walk
8:00 pm 5K Wave (Saturday 8:00 wave reschedule)
2017 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Sunday, NOVEMBER 19 - fANTASY OF LIGHTS 5K AND FANTASY OF LIGHTS FAMILY 2k WALK (1.2 MILES)
Packet Pick-up/Check-in FOR BOTH 5K AND 2K
1:00-7:30 pm IN FRANKE PARK PAVILION #1
- Photo ID or Confirmation Email required for pick-up/check-in. You may pick up another participant's packet if you bring a copy of their confirmation email or photo ID with you (or have it with you on your smartphone). Strollers are allowed, but must be registered.
5K START #1 - PAVILION #1 LOT
CORRALS OPEN 4:30 pm
START 5:00 PM
fAMILY 2k wALK - PAVILION #1 LOT
CORRALS OPEN 6:00 PM
START 6:30 PM
5K START #1 - PAVILION #1 LOT
CORRALS OPEN 7:30 PM
START 8:00 PM
PARTICIPANTS LINE UP AT DESIGNATED TIME ACCORDING TO THE START TIME ON THEIR BIB. PARTICIPANTS WILL SELF-CORRAL ACCORDING TO RUNNING/WALKING PACE. ALL STROLLERS WILL LINE UP IN BACK.
Open here. Subject to change. Two sections of the course are gravel. The entire course will be safely lit for runners and walkers by light displays, path lighting and/or overhead lighting. Headlamps, flashlights or other personal lighting is not required, but may be used if desired. Please stick to the paths and roads. Going off of the path is a safety risk due to all of the wires for the lights.
View the course map and parking map here. NEW this year: for those parking in the lot south of Foellinger and north of Goshen Road, there will be a shuttle to/from the Start/Finish from 5:00-10:00 pm on Saturday for the 5K. There will be no participant parking in front of Pavilion #1 (the Packet Pick-up pavilion) on Saturday and Sunday due to the start line area. Carpooling is encouraged.
- Efforts to ensure all participants receive a shirt will be made as best to our ability. Shirt guaranteed to participants who registered by 11/1/17.
- Participants of both the Saturday 5K and Sunday 2K will receive:
- Long-Sleeve T-Shirt - Adult and youth sizes are unisex and goody bag at Packet Pick-up
- Commemorative ornament at the finish line - with option to personalize inside the pavilion
- Hot chocolate following the run/walk
- Saturday 5K participants ONLY will receive a bib with chip timing (and post-race results online) and post-race snacks. There will be no timing or food for Sunday 2K participants. There will be a food truck and coffee truck on-site both Saturday and Sunday with food available for purchase before and after the run/walk.
- Registration is now closed. There is no on-site registration.
- Saturday waves at 6:30 PM and 8:00 PM are capped at 1,500 participants each.
- Strollers are allowed, but must be registered. A small portion of the route is gravel. Please consider this when registering a stroller or wheelchair and run/walk with a stroller or wheelchair at your own risk. The Saturday 5K course has more gravel on the route than the Sunday walk. See link to map here.
- Children ages 5 and under are FREE but must be registered. (If you would like your child to receive a t-shirt, please register for youth pricing age 17 & under.)
- Food trucks will be on-site before and after the run/walk on both days with food available for purchase.
Franke Park - Pavilion #1 (building/lot immediately to the left of the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo entrance)
3411 Sherman Blvd., Fort Wayne
Photo ID or Confirmation Email required for pick-up/check-in
*You may pick up another participant's packet if you bring a copy of their confirmation email or photo ID with you (or have it with you on your smartphone).
Strollers are allowed, but must be registered.
GET FESTIVE in the best costume contest!
Fort4Fitness and Blue Jacket Inc. are teaming up to offer a Best Costume Contest. Dress up for the race and at Saturday's or Sunday's Packet Pick-up, enter to win a prize pack from Blue Jacket, Inc. and Fort4Fitness. Come to the Blue Jacket Inc./Costume Contest table at Packet Pick-up (inside pavilion #1) to sign up for the contest.
Best Costume Contest awards will go to the following for each day (four awards each day):
1st and 2nd Place for Best Costume - Adult (13 & older)
1st Place for Best Costume - Kids Male and Female (12 & under)
5K awards will be given for the following:
- Overall Open 1st, 2nd, 3rd - Male and Female
- Overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd - Kids 14 & Under - Male and Female
- Overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd - Male and Female Overall Masters (40+)
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Male and Female for the following Age Divisions: 4U, 5-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74 and 75-84, 85+
Awards WILL NOT be presented AT the event due to the two wave/start times. Results from both waves will be combined to determine the award winners. Awards will be published online and winners notified following the 5K and the physical awards will be available for pick up or mail out at that time.
The Fantasy of Lights: A Holiday Tradition
Fantasy of Lights is northeast Indiana’s favorite winter holiday event! This drive-through event is situated in Franke Park and transforms the park into a spectacular winter wonderland with 121 larger-than-life brilliant, animated light displays. Click here to learn more.
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO RAN OR WALKED IN THE INAUGURAL FANTASY OF LIGHTS 5K!
2016 RACE RESULTS
2016 EVENT PHOTOS