Fantasy of Lights 5K & 2K
The 3rd Annual Fantasy of Lights 5K and 2K will take place on November 17-18, 2018. The course is illuminated by the "first lighting" of the
121 brilliant, animated light displays depicting holiday scenes. This event is the perfect way to kick off the holiday season!
EVENT LOCATION: FRANKE PARK, 3411 SHERMAN BLVD, FORT WAYNE
2018 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS - Subject to change
SATURday, NOVEMBER 17 - fANTASY OF LIGHTS 5K
CORRAL OPENs 6:00 PM
5k STARTs at 6:30 PM - pavilion #1 lot
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 18 - FANTASY OF LIGHTS FAMILY 2k WALK (1.2 MILES)
CORRAL OPENS 6:00 PM
2k STARTS at 6:30 PM - PAVILION #1 LOT
PARTICIPANTS LINE UP AT DESIGNATED TIME ACCORDING TO THE START TIME ON THEIR BIB. PARTICIPANTS WILL SELF-CORRAL ACCORDING TO RUNNING/WALKING PACE. ALL STROLLERS WILL LINE UP IN BACK.
Coming soon! The entire course will be safely lit for runners and walkers by light displays, path lighting and/or overhead lighting. Headlamps, flashlights or other personal lighting is not required, but may be used if desired. Please stick to the paths and roads. Going off of the path is a safety risk due to all of the wires for the lights.
For those parking in the lot south of Foellinger and north of Goshen Road, there will be a shuttle to/from the Start/Finish from 5:00-8:00 p.m. on Saturday for the 5K. There will be no participant parking in front of Pavilion #1 (the Packet Pick-Up pavilion) on Saturday and Sunday due to the start line area. Carpooling is encouraged.
- Efforts to ensure all participants receive a shirt will be made as best to our ability. Shirt guaranteed to participants who registered by 11/1/18.
- Participants of both the Saturday 5K and Sunday 2K will receive:
- Long-sleeve t-shirt (adult and youth sizes are unisex) and goody bag at Packet Pick-Up
- Commemorative ornament at the finish line - with option to personalize inside the pavilion
- Hot chocolate following the run/walk
- ONLY Saturday 5K participants will receive a bib with chip timing (and post-race results online) and post-race snacks. There will be no timing or post-race snacks for Sunday 2K participants. There will be a food truck and coffee truck on-site both Saturday and Sunday with food available for purchase before and after the run/walk.
- There is no on-site registration.
- Strollers are allowed, but must be registered. A small portion of the route is gravel. Please consider this when registering a stroller or wheelchair and run/walk with a stroller or wheelchair at your own risk. The Saturday 5K course has more gravel on the route than the Sunday walk.
- Children ages 5 and under are FREE but must be registered. (If you would like your child to receive a t-shirt, please register for youth pricing age 14 and under.)
- Food trucks will be on-site before and after the run/walk on both days with food available for purchase.
PACKET PICK-UP/CHECK-IN FOR BOTH 5K AND 2K
Friday, November 16th from 1:00-7:30 PM at Franke Park - Pavilion #1 (building/lot immediately to the left of the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo entrance)
3411 Sherman Blvd., Fort Wayne
Photo ID or confirmation email required for pick-up/check-in. You may pick up another participant's packet if you bring a copy of their confirmation email or photo ID with you (or have it with you on your smartphone). Strollers are allowed, but must be registered.
GET FESTIVE in the best costume contest!
Fort4Fitness and Blue Jacket, Inc. are teaming up to offer a Best Costume Contest. Dress up for the race and at Saturday's or Sunday's Packet Pick-Up, enter to win a prize pack from Blue Jacket, Inc. and Fort4Fitness! Come to the Blue Jacket, Inc./Costume Contest table at Packet Pick-Up (inside pavilion #1) to sign up for the contest.
Best Costume Contest awards will go to the following for each day (four awards each day):
1st and 2nd Place for Best Costume - Adult (15 and older)
1st Place for Best Costume - Kids Male and Female (14 and under)
5K awards will be given for the following:
- Overall Open 1st, 2nd, 3rd - Male and Female
- Overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd - Kids 14 and Under - Male and Female
- Overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd - Male and Female Overall Masters (40+)
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Male and Female for the following age divisions: 4U, 5-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74 and 75-84, 85+
Awards WILL NOT be presented AT the event. Awards will be published online and winners notified following the 5K. The physical awards will be available for pick-up or mail out at that time.
The Fantasy of Lights: A Holiday Tradition
Fantasy of Lights is northeast Indiana’s favorite winter holiday event! This drive-through event is situated in Franke Park and transforms the park into a spectacular winter wonderland with 121 larger-than-life brilliant, animated light displays. Click here to learn more.