2016 Race Info:
- Race will start at 7:00am on Saturday, October 1, 2016
- The course is a series of four loops which begins with a unique 3 mile loop then the loops follow the races of the day. See PDF map here or online version.
Loop 1 = 3 mile loop
Loop 2 = 10K (6.1)
Loop 3 = Half Marathon (13.1)
Loop 4 = 4 Mile
- The race starts on Harrison Street just north of the Harrison Baker Street intersection (1 block southeast of Parkview Field) in downtown Fort Wayne, and concludes with an exciting finish at Parkview Field. The course takes racers through historic Fort Wayne neighborhoods and past landmark churches.
- Elevation information (meters above sea level): Start - 2017, Finish - 198, Highest - 226, Lowest - 198
- All participants receive a long-sleeve moisture-wicking shirt and a finisher's medal.
- Overall awards are based on gun time and age group awards are based on chip time.
- Awards are given to the top three male and female finishers in the following categories/ age groups: Overall Wheelchair, Overall Open; Overall Masters (40+); 14 and Under; 15-19; 20 to 24; 25 to 29; 30 to 34; 35 to 39; 40 to 44; 45 to 49; 50 to 54; 55 to 59; 60 to 64; 65 to 69; 70 to 74; 75 to 79; 80 and Over.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- You must be able to complete the Marathon in 6 hours or less (required pace per mile to complete the course in the time allotted is 13:45 minute/mile).
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenges of the Marathon
- The 2016 Fort4Fitness Marathon is a 2018 Boston Marathon Qualifier race.
- Wheeled and/or motorized devices (in-line/roller skates, bikes, skateboards, Heelys, wagons, etc.) and animals (except guide dogs) will not be allowed on the course.
- The use of electronic devices is strongly discouraged.
The Fort Wayne Running Club have recruited several enthusiastic club members that want to help others reach their personal goals, while at the same time making your experience a truly memorable one!
- Pace Groups are a free service to those who have registered for the Marathon.
- No need to sign up, just look for the appropriate pace sign in the start corrals.
- Meet the Fort Wayne Running Club pace team before you run! Members of the pace team will be at the Fort4Fitness Expo on Friday, September 30th.
- Marathon pace runners include these times: 4:00 Marathon Pace Team (9:09/mile), 4:25 Marathon Pace Team (10:06/mile), 4:40 Marathon Pace Team (10:40/mile)
Confirm Your Entry: Click Here
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and CANNOT be applied to future years. NO EXCEPTIONS