FINAL INFO TBD FOR 2018
Saturday, September 29, 2018
START TIME 7:00 AM
Parkview Field in Downtown Fort Wayne
- The 2017 Fort4Fitness Marathon was a USATF Certified Course and therefore a 2019 Boston Marathon Qualifying race. For more details on how to qualify for the Boston Marathon, click here.
- The course is a series of four loops which begins with a unique 3 mile loop then follows the races of the day.
- Loop 1 = 3 mile loop
- Loop 2 = 10K (6.1)
- Loop 3 = Half Marathon (13.1)
- Loop 4 = 4 Mile
The race starts on Harrison Street just north of the Harrison Baker Street intersection (1 block southeast of Parkview Field) in downtown Fort Wayne, and concludes with an exciting finish at Parkview Field. The course takes racers through historic Fort Wayne neighborhoods and past landmark churches.
Elevation information (meters above sea level): Start - 207, Finish - 198, Highest - 226, Lowest - 198 - see Elevation Map
Marathon participants receive runner tracking (must sign up before race), chip timing, a long sleeve race shirt, goody bag with giveaways, on-course food and gels, water, unique finisher medal to all finishers, post-race food, and downloadable race photos.
Overall awards are based on gun time and age group awards are based on chip time.
Awards are given to the top three male and female finishers in the following categories/ age groups: Overall Wheelchair, Overall Open; Overall Masters (40+); 14 and Under; 15-19; 20 to 24; 25 to 29; 30 to 34; 35 to 39; 40 to 44; 45 to 49; 50 to 54; 55 to 59; 60 to 64; 65 to 69; 70 to 74; 75 to 79; 80 and Over.
Race numbers are required to participate.
You must be able to complete the Marathon in 6 hours or less (required pace per mile to complete the course in the time allotted is 13:45 minute/mile).
You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenges of the Marathon.
Must be 16 years or older to participate in the Marathon.
Wheeled and/or motorized devices (in-line/roller skates, bikes, skateboards, Heelys, wagons, etc.) and animals (except guide dogs) will not be allowed on the course.
The use of electronic devices is strongly discouraged.
The Fort Wayne Running Club have recruited several enthusiastic club members that want to help others reach their personal goals, while at the same time making your experience a truly memorable one!
- Pace Groups are a free service to those who have registered for the Marathon.
- No need to sign up, just look for the appropriate pace sign in the start corrals.
- Meet the Fort Wayne Running Club pace team before you run! Members of the pace team will be at the Fort4Fitness Expo on Friday.
- Marathon pace runners include these times: 4:00 Marathon Pace Team (9:09/mile), 4:40 Marathon Pace Team (10:40/mile)
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and CANNOT be applied to future years. NO EXCEPTIONS.