2016 KIDS MARATHON SUMMER LONG PROGRAM
Note on Bib Confirmation Emails: Sometimes when kids are registered together for Kids Marathon, not every child receives a confirmation email. This won't be a problem when you come to the Kids Marathon Check-in area as the kids will be looked up by last name.
The Fort4Fitness Kids Marathon is sponsored by Lutheran Children's Hospital and is easy to do and fun for all!
The Kids Marathon is designed for kids ages 4-14 and has been created to promote exercise, wellness, and healthy lifestyles for kids and their families through a variety of unique training programs and events. We are dedicated to providing safe, fun, and high-quality events for athletes of all ages and abilities. Fort4Fitness operates under a simple premise: the sooner we can instill healthy lifestyles in our kids, the better health they will have later in life. A major contributor to a healthy lifestyle is getting regular exercise.
FAMILY FUN & FITNESS EVENTS
EVERY OTHER THURSDAY DURING THE SUMMER!
› SEPTEMBER 15 3:30–6 PM HAWAIIAN LUAU!
1701 FREEMAN ST
FORT WAYNE, IN
› SEPT. 30 AT 6:30 PM
FORT4FITNESS FALL FESTIVAL
1301 EWING ST.
FORT WAYNE, IN
HOME OF THE FORT WAYNE TINCAPS
This 1.2 mile course finishes by home plate of the TinCaps and all finishers recieve a finisher medal! Parents are welcome to run or walk with their children at the Final Mile. View the course map here.
FINAL MILE: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
1:00-6:00 pm Check-in (inside the entrance to the stadium at the corner of Brackenridge and Ewing Streets)
4:00-6:15 pm Start Line Entertainment by Tiny Tunes
6:15 pm Welcome and recognition of Kids Marathon sponsor Lutheran Children’s Hospital
6:20 pm Warm-up and stretching
6:25 pm Kids Marathoners line up (by age) at the start area
6:30 pm The Final Mile begins! (course map)
Things to Know
- Don’t forget to bring your stamped passport if you attended the Kids Marathon Kick-off or Family Fun and Fitness Events!
- Wear your Fort4Fitness Kids Marathon Shirt! (If you haven’t picked up your shirt and goody bag yet, you will receive it at check-in)
- Wear your running shoes
- Wear the race bib you will be given at check-in (affix with the provided pins)
- Be ready to go at the Start Line by 6:15!
- The course is 1.2 miles in length around the stadium with the finish at home plate
- Each participant will receive a medal at the finish line
- Photos of each participant will be taken
- Kids must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and cannot be dropped off at the event.
- Parents are encouraged to run with the kids, so they can share in their experience!
- If you are not running with your child, sections 113 and 114 will be reserved for parents to cheer from.
- Every Kids Marathon bib has a parent-child claim tag. Please remove this from the bib before they run. This is how you can reunite with your child after the race.
- Parents will be allowed onto the field after the Kids Start, so you can reunite with your child quickly and safely.
Other Friday Night Activities
- Arrive early and enjoy the Fort4Fitness Fall Festival Expo, food, and entertainment! The Expo is 12 pm-8 pm and is open to the public free of charge.
- Fort4Fitness Merchandise will be for sale in the Expo.
- The Fort Wayne TinCaps will have concession stands open and food available for purchase.
In 2015, 944 area kids took strides toward a more fit lifestyle while participating in the Fort4Fitness Kids Marathon
Kids Marathon Summer-Long Program includes:
- Kids Marathon T-Shirt
- Kids Marathon Goody & Training Log (downloadable training log here)
- Family Fun & Fitness Events every other Thursday
- Finishers at the Final Mile receive a race medal!
$15 August 16 - September 11*
*registration for the 2016 Kids Marathon is closed
Join us at the Family Fun & Fitness Events all summer long!
The Kids Marathon training programs are designed to make exercise fun and achievable for kids. The program includes:
- A combination of running activities and other fitness fun
- Tips on how to get started and how to keep training exciting
- Proper running techniques and strategies
- Tools to track progress, including a Mileage Logbook
The program allows your child to set a goal, have the reward of achieving that goal, and then join the fun on September 30th at the Final Mile to celebrate and recognize their success. The goal of Kids Marathon is to help children in our community develop a foundation for healthy habits and fitness that last a lifetime!
*Kids must be registered to participate in the Family Fun & Fitness Events and the Final Mile.
Confirm Your Entry: Click Here