This 6.2 mile race is a natural progression for runners and walkers who have completed the 4 Mile race in the past and want a bigger challenge but may not be ready for the Half Marathon. This race shares the same start, exciting stadium finish and portions of the scenic Half Marathon course.
2017 Race Info:
Parkview Field in Downtown Fort Wayne
- Saturday, September 30, 2017
- Start time is 7:30 AM
- See 2016 PDF map here or online version. 2017 course could vary slightly. Official map will become available at a later date.
- The start line is on Harrison Street just north of the Harrison/Baker Street intersection (1 block southeast of Parkview Field) in downtown Fort Wayne, and concludes with an exciting finish at Parkview Field. The course takes racers through historic Fort Wayne neighborhoods and past landmark churches.
- All participants who complete the course receive a finisher's medal.
- Strollers are allowed in the 10K. Participants pushing strollers must complete the stroller information during the registration process.
- Fort4Fitness awards are given to the top three male and female finishers in the following categories/ age groups: Overall Wheelchair, Overall Open; Overall Masters (40+); 14 and Under; 15-19; 20 to 24; 25 to 29; 30 to 34; 35 to 39; 40 to 44; 45 to 49; 50 to 54; 55 to 59; 60 to 64; 65 to 69; 70 to 74; 75 to 79; 80 and Over.
- Overall awards are based on gun time, age group awards are based on chip time.
- Race numbers (bibs) are required to participate.
- 10K participants must be complete the 6.2 miles in 125 minutes or less (20 minute per mile pace)
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenges of the 10K.
- Wheeled and/or motorized devices (in-line/roller skates, bikes, skateboards, heelys, wagons, etc.) and animals (except guide dogs) will not be allowed on the course.
- The use of electronic devices is strongly discouraged.
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and CANNOT be applied to future years. NO EXCEPTIONS.