Celebrate your Spring Cycle Ride at the Kickstart Block Party
May is an exciting month! May is Kickstart month in Fort Wayne and the Spring Cycle is a proud part of that city-wide cycling initiative. May is the perfect month to get outside and get moving after being cooped up indoors during the cold months. Fort4FItness's Spring Cycle on May 21st provides an opportunity for all ages and skill levels to join in on the fun. Participants can choose to ride 10, 16, 34, 44 or 62 miles (the Metric Century 100K) and then join in the post-race activities.
The 2016 Spring Cycle is offering several new features for its participants.
- The Metric Century 100K distance is making its debut by traveling into Antwerp, Ohio and back across state lines to finish in downtown Fort Wayne. There will be a 100K sign in the new photo area for these participants to pose with! This tour will begin at 8:30 am on the Main Street start line.
- Participant bibs will serve as a wearable memento as well as have tear off tags for Gear Check and the Post-Tour Party.
- The new finish line area in the Hall’s Gas House parking lot on Barr Street adjacent to the Headwaters Park Pavilion, will be complete with photo opportunity area, kids/family activities and Spring Expo vendor booths.
- All finishers will receive a finisher medal when they cross the finish line!
- Post-tour recovery snack food and water will help finishers replenish.
Last but not least, celebrate your finish with your friends and family at the Kickstart Block Party in Headwaters Park! Participants will receive a tear off coupon on their bib good for a picnic lunch and drink at the party, as well as a coupon for a $1 beer. Barbecue, alcohol and other food and drink will also be available for purchase. Live music will round out the festive afternoon. Party runs from noon until 4:00 pm.
Go Big in 2016!
Posted in: Fort Wayne Living, Spring Cycle<